Are Soft Tissue Fillers Right For You?
Getting older happens to everyone, but sometimes the changes that come with aging make you look stressed, tired, or older than you feel. Soft tissue fillers can counteract many of the effects of aging and help you reclaim your appearance and confidence. Keep reading to learn more.
What can soft tissue fillers do?
As you get older, you loose volume in your face and wrinkles and creases can form as a result of repeated muscle movements. Dermal fillers can address a number of issues—they can be used to:
• Smooth out lines and wrinkles in the face
• Smooth the hands and make them look softer and younger
• Fill in deep creases, such as the lines between your nose and mouth
• Restore lost volume to cheeks
• Make lips appear fuller and smoother
What options are available?
Acclaim Dermatology offers a wide selection of soft tissue fillers. Many of these fillers use hyaluronic acid (a substance that is naturally found in the body) to add volume and smooth out the skin. Other fillers promote your body’s own production of collagen to help your skin improve itself for natural looking results that can last for a long time.
Patients can choose from the following options:
• JUVÉDERM®, JUVÉDERM® Ultra, and JUVÉDERM® Voluma™
• Restylane®, Restylane® Silk, and Restylane® Lyft
Each of these options comes with distinct advantages. Your doctor can help you evaluate your options and choose a filler that best suites your goals and lifestyle.
Are they the best solution for you?
While dermal fillers are an excellent option for many patients, they aren’t the only option available. Some patients may want to consider alternatives. For example, patients looking to improve sagging skin around the eyes may need to consider blepharoplasty, and patients looking to target wrinkles in the upper third of the face may benefit from Botox Cosmetic®, Dysport®, or Xeomin®.
However, if any of the following statements applies to you, you may want to consider soft tissue fillers:
• Your cheeks or lips have lost volume over time
• You’re looking for a fast, simple treatment that offers immediate results
• You want a non-invasive treatment that doesn’t involve surgery
• You’d like to fill in deep creases in your face while also reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
Soft tissue fillers are a safe, simple way to improve your appearance and help you reclaim your youth. To learn more about your options, schedule a consultation at Acclaim Dermatology.