Experience the Benefits of Ultherapy®
At a certain point in life, most men and women begin to notice that their facial contouring is not what it used to be. The brows become heavy, and may cause the eyes to look excessively tired. Cheeks flatten out and the skin that was once held up nicely now droops at the jowls and beneath the chin. Historically, these concerns could only be treated with plastic surgery. At Acclaim Dermatology, you can achieve beautiful, lifted skin with Ultherapy®.
Ultherapy® uses ultrasound energy to tone and tighten sagging skin. This FDA-cleared treatment device has been developed with the precise technology through which cells beneath the surface of the skin are targeted with gentle sound waves. Surface cells are undisturbed. The stimulation of tissue prompts the rebuilding of healthy, strong collagen strands, which changes the appearance of the face and neck over time.
Patients who choose Ultherapy® can experience a number of benefits, including:
- Non-invasive treatment that requires no anesthesia, no stitches, and no recovery. The delivery of focused ultrasound waves promotes a natural rejuvenation beneath the skin.
- Customized care achieves optimal results. After a discussion of expectations and assessment of your skin, we can adjust variables including the duration of treatment and the depth of energy. Depending on the desired outcome, we may combine Ultherapy® with cosmetic injectibles.
- Ultrasound treatment causes little, if any, side effects. You may go about your day following your procedure. Your skin may look slightly red and swollen, but these effects diminish quickly.
- Natural rejuvenation occurs gradually as a result of collagen reformation. The results of Ultherapy® treatment look completely natural – because they are! Ultrasound works in concert with the body’s innate ability to produce collagen. Nothing artificial is inserted into the skin.
- Because Ultherapy® prompts a natural regeneration of collagen, it takes a few months to see a change in your skin. However, many patients enjoy the lasting effects of collagen production, which keeps skin tighter and suppler for up to a year. With the occasional touch-up treatment, it is possible to maintain healthy collagen stores and slow the progression of aging on the face and neck.
You can love what you see in the mirror. Call Acclaim Dermatology for treatment designed around your needs. (832) 770-6388.
Is blepharoplasty your key to a more youthful look?
The eyes are much more than the windows to your soul; they are a telltale sign of age and vitality. It is on this area of the face where the signs of age tend to develop first. The formation of sagginess, puffiness, and fine lines and wrinkles occurs in this susceptible area due to sun damage, genetics, and gravity.
At some point, most people want to know what they can do to rejuvenate the eye area. Advances in aesthetic medicine have made it possible for more people to address issues like undereye bags or upper eyelid hooding with non-invasive technology. However, there are instances in which the most appropriate action is to surgically enhance the eyes with the blepharoplasty procedure.
Eyelid surgery explained
Blepharoplasty is a procedure through which the upper or lower eyelids can be meticulously modified to create a more youthful, awake appearance. During your consultation with Dr. Ali, you have the opportunity to discuss the concerns that you have about the skin on your upper or lower lids. When evaluating the upper lids, the positioning of the brow may also be considered, as this is a secondary problem that often coincides with hooding. Any questions that you have regarding eyelid surgery will be answered at this time.
The goal of the blepharoplasty procedure is to remove loose skin and excess fatty deposits that are aging the eyes. Board certified with the American Society of Dermatologic Surgery, Dr. Ali has the extensive training experience our patients seek for surgical eye rejuvenation.
What to expect
One of the benefits of blepharoplasty is that incisions are made in the most discreet manner. Though you are not likely to experience post-surgical discomfort, your eyes may look slightly swollen and bruised for a few days after your procedure. For this reason, you will want to reserve time at home for a full recovery.
Two weeks post-surgery, bruising and swelling should have subsided significantly. The lash line, where incisions were made, may continue to look somewhat pink for another month or two. However, most people will not be able to tell you have had surgery on your eyes.
Patients who choose to revive their eyes with blepharoplasty are often told that they look “great” or “rested,” though the cause for this rejuvenation is not obvious. The firsthand experience of many of our patients is that they have a renewed sense of confidence – and a brighter outlook – after eyelid rejuvenating surgery.
Read for younger looking eyes? Call Acclaim Dermatology at (832) 770-6388.
Are Soft Tissue Fillers Right For You?
Getting older happens to everyone, but sometimes the changes that come with aging make you look stressed, tired, or older than you feel. Soft tissue fillers can counteract many of the effects of aging and help you reclaim your appearance and confidence. Keep reading to learn more.
What can soft tissue fillers do?
As you get older, you loose volume in your face and wrinkles and creases can form as a result of repeated muscle movements. Dermal fillers can address a number of issues—they can be used to:
• Smooth out lines and wrinkles in the face
• Smooth the hands and make them look softer and younger
• Fill in deep creases, such as the lines between your nose and mouth
• Restore lost volume to cheeks
• Make lips appear fuller and smoother
What options are available?
Acclaim Dermatology offers a wide selection of soft tissue fillers. Many of these fillers use hyaluronic acid (a substance that is naturally found in the body) to add volume and smooth out the skin. Other fillers promote your body’s own production of collagen to help your skin improve itself for natural looking results that can last for a long time.
Patients can choose from the following options:
• JUVÉDERM®, JUVÉDERM® Ultra, and JUVÉDERM® Voluma™
• Restylane®, Restylane® Silk, and Restylane® Lyft
Each of these options comes with distinct advantages. Your doctor can help you evaluate your options and choose a filler that best suites your goals and lifestyle.
Are they the best solution for you?
While dermal fillers are an excellent option for many patients, they aren’t the only option available. Some patients may want to consider alternatives. For example, patients looking to improve sagging skin around the eyes may need to consider blepharoplasty, and patients looking to target wrinkles in the upper third of the face may benefit from Botox Cosmetic®, Dysport®, or Xeomin®.
However, if any of the following statements applies to you, you may want to consider soft tissue fillers:
• Your cheeks or lips have lost volume over time
• You’re looking for a fast, simple treatment that offers immediate results
• You want a non-invasive treatment that doesn’t involve surgery
• You’d like to fill in deep creases in your face while also reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
Soft tissue fillers are a safe, simple way to improve your appearance and help you reclaim your youth. To learn more about your options, schedule a consultation at Acclaim Dermatology.
Sclerotherapy is used to treat varicose veins and spider veins that can cause pain and detract from your appearance. Keep reading to learn more about varicose veins, spider veins, and treatment options.
What can you do to avoid varicose veins and spider veins?
Varicose veins and spider veins are often due to hereditary factors, pregnancy, lifestyle, medications, and more. There are some situations where varicose veins and spider veins can not be avoided, but there are a number of healthy habits that can help you lower your risks and protect your cardiovascular health. The following tips may help you avoid varicose veins:
- Maintain a healthy weight through regular exercise, eating healthy foods, and following the advice of your physician.
- Avoid staying in the same position for long periods of time whether that is sitting or standing. If possible, set a reminder every hour to stretch and walk around.
- Incorporate more cardiovascular workouts into your activities. Running, swimming, jogging, walking, and other exercises that get your heart pumping can improve circulation in your body.
- Avoid wearing tight clothing that cuts off circulation in your body.
How does sclerotherapy work?
At Acclaim Dermatology, ultrasound imaging is used to ensure precise and accurate results. A special sclerosant solution will be injected into the problematic spider veins and varicose veins. This solution causes these damaged veins to collapse and over time they’ll fade and be absorbed into the bloodstream. The treatment is quick and usually takes less than an hour. The length of your appointment will depend on how many veins are being treated.
After these veins have been treated, they’ll be less noticeable as they fade away and you’ll experience relief from the pain associated with varicose veins.
What is the recovery process like?
This treatment is quick and minimally invasive, so patients can return to normal activities and work the same day as the treatment. Strenuous activities, such as exercise and lifting heavy objects should be postponed until 7-10 days after the treatment so your body can fully heal. Your doctor may also suggest wearing special compression garments or bandages to aid the recovery process. Most patients see complete results 3-6 weeks after the treatment.
If you’d like to learn more about getting relief from varicose veins and spider veins, Acclaim Dermatology can help. Schedule a consultation today.
Welcome to My Blog!
Welcome to my blog! Within this regularly updated feature of my website, I will provide visitors with practice news and specials, as well as information regarding the most recent technological advances and new treatments in dermatology.
I believe that patient education and open communication with your doctor are the keys to achieving healthy, aesthetically-pleasing results and patient satisfaction, which is why I strive to provide the highest quality of dermatologic care for patients of all ages. This is done by combining technical skill and broad experience with cutting-edge technology for impeccable medical and cosmetic results.
I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to visit my new blog. Please check back often to learn about the latest news, updates and additions to the practice and within the field of dermatology, and feel free to post comments and/or suggestions on any posts that you find of interest.